The workshop will take place in the Physics Department at Durham University. Further details on the exact location will be given closer to the workshop date. There will be event organisers at the main reception to direct you to the room and registration.
The location of the Physics Department (12) with respect to the railway station and road links is shown on a map below.
Travelling to Durham
Durham City has no airport of its own but there is one international airport nearby (Newcastle), which we recommend. However, we have also provided access from three other airports if needed.
Newcastle Airport (Metro)-Newcastle Central-Durham
To Newcastle Airport
Durham-Newcastle Central-Newcastle Airport (Metro)
If travelling in a group a taxi may be more cost effective, which can be booked at the airport.
From Liverpool Airport
1. Liverpool Airport – Liverpool Lime Street Station (via Arriva 500 bus) – Durham (there are some direct trains)
2. Liverpool Airport – Liverpool Lime Street Station (via Arriva 500) – York (train that goes to Middlesbrough)- Durham
To Liverpool Airport
1. Durham – Liverpool Lime Street Station – Liverpool Airport (via Arriva 500 bus)
2. Durham – York (any train that goes to either Liverpool, Birmingham or Bristol) – Liverpool Lime Street Station – Liverpool Airport ( via Arriva 500 bus)
From Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport – York (train that goes to Middlesbrough)- Durham
To Manchester Airport
1. Durham – Manchester Airport (there is only one direct train)
2. Durham – York (any train that goes to either Liverpool, Birmingham or Bristol) – Manchester Airport
London Heathrow Airport
From London Heathrow
London Heathrow-Kings Cross (via underground)-Durham
To London Heathrow
Durham-Kings Cross-London Heathrow (via underground)
The A1(M) is the main route travelling from either North or South. Take the junction 61 exit and then enter Durham via Bowburn. This will bring you into Durham on the road that appears at I8.
Durham is well-connected to the rest of the country with direct trains available from most major cities including London and Edinburgh. It is on the east coast mainline, which provides comprehensive North-South connections.